In article <2131397311.232135.1626596425...@mail.yahoo.com>,
   Stefan Fröhling <stefanfroehl...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hello there!

> I have been told from Andrew Rawnsley that Iris is done with GCC10 and mostly
> ported by Lee Noa to create Iris.
> Where we can download the sources/binaries ?
> What is the status? What must be done to make it a RISC OS native compiler as
> we want to built an IDE around GCC and maybe support also other languages
> like BASIC, Python and Pascal.
> I want to find some programmers who are willing to port GCC 10 to RISC OS as
> now it is only available for Linux/Windows.
> (well with available I mean it is available at least for one or two or three
> RISC OS programmersŒ.)
> I appreciate any suggestions for a path forward so it can be made available
> for all RISC OS users soon.

> PS: Congratulation fot the good work on Iris and GCC10!

> regards Stefan
> from the Cloverleaf RISC OS project
> www.riscoscloverleaf.com

The GCCK 10.2.0 native compiler hasn't been released yet. Once you have the
autobuilder set up you can build it yourself.

mkdir gccsdk
cd gccsdk
svn co svn://svn.riscos.info/gccsdk/trunk/autobuilder/ autobuilder
svn co svn://svn.riscos.info/gccsdk/trunk/gcc4/ gcc4

mkdir build
cd build

Create a file call build-setvars containing the following contents.
(Assuming the autobuilder has been installed in /home/gccsdk.)

      GCCSDK_INSTALL_CROSSBIN=/home/gccsdk/cross/bin
      GCCSDK_INSTALL_ENV=/home/gccsdk/env
      RO_SHAREDLIBS=yes
      RO_USE_ARMEABIHF=yes
      AB_ELFBUILD=yes

rm -f /home/gccsdk/autobuilder/develop/gcc/gcc.dwarf2out.c.p
../autobuilder/build -v gcc

The packages for the native compiler will be created in
/home/gccsdk/autobuilder/autobuilder_packages/arm/Development.

Using GCC natively on RISC OS is very slow. It's OK for simple stuff.

I had to set a 32000k wimplot otherwise everything froze.

Using GCC 10.2.0 with the autobuilder successully builds e.g. Qupzilla,
RPCEmu, ffmpeg and  mplayer.