Dominik Juergens wrote:
> Hello gconf-list,
>
> I don't think that I am writing to the right list,
> but I have certain Problems (I think) referring to gconf.
> Maybe here is someone who can help me...
>
> I am setting up a terminal server with Debian using gnome in a
> configuration with home on AFS. If I end a gnome-session, the gconfd-2
> daemon stays running. That is very bad, because the afs tokens get
> thrown away and gconfd cannot access the home any more.
> I don not know if it is because of that, but the gconfd-2-process does
> not terminate. When I want to login again, gconfd-2 runs already and
> because of that the login fails with many error messages refering to the
> lock-files.
>
> Is there any intrinsic possibility to make gconfd-2 exit together with
> the sessionmanager?
> dbus for example has a commandline argument '--exit-with-session' and it
> works fine, or do you have any other suggestion?
>
> Thanks for help
> Dominik Jürgens

I'm having problems logging out of a Gnome session... I never get back
to the GDM login screen.  If I login to an ICEWM session I can logout
properly.  I suspect this may be related to a gconfd issue.  Earlier I
reported this as a GDM bug, but the problem isn't likely with GDM.  I'm
using Ubuntu's LTSP with GDM instead of LDM as the display manager.

-Joe Baker
262-763-3591