Klokan Petr Přidal wrote:
Unfortunately all PDF parsing libraries I know are GPL, and that means
we can't use them for the gdal driver - because of the license issues.
But to create a GPL utility for converting GeoPDF to anything what
GDAL/OGR supports should be OK. Poppler can be the best base of such
GDAL-based utility for reading/rasterizing of the GeoPDF files.

Folks,

I would note that it is fine to use external GPL libraries for optional
GDAL/OGR format drivers.  It just means we won't be copying the whole
source into GDAL for convenient building like we do for stuff like libtiff
and that some users of GDAL will not use that driver.

I'd prefer a more compatible license for supporting libraries, but it is
not all that important.

Best regards,