Kyle Shannon wrote:
After a little digging, it appears that the netCDF driver does not support the tag:

Lambert_Conformal:standard_parallel

it supports:
Lambert_Conformal:standard_parallel_1
and:
Lambert_Conformal:standard_parallel_2

I am not sure if the tag is out of specification, or if the driver needs to be updated. I also notice OGRSpatialReference has a separate function for setting a Lambert Conformal Conic with single parallel:

OGRErr SetLCC1SP( *double* dfCenterLat, *double* dfCenterLong, ...

but this is not referenced in the netCDF driver.

So, my next question is:
Can you specify the value of SP_1 and SP_2 as the same parallel in the standard LCC, or do you have to set LCC1SP

Thanks everyone for your patience,

Kyle,

Good investigating.  I'd suggest filing a ticket, ideally referencing
an example file.  It should be fairly easily added.

Best regards,