Le mercredi 09 janvier 2013 01:02:22, Stefan Keller a écrit :
> Hi Even
>
> Documentation of OpenStreetMap driver suggest its stable

(Just curious what in the doc makes you call it "stable", and what you
consider as "stable")

> - but when I
> recently installed the newest OGR version on a linux it was'nt there.
> Is it not yet stable enough?
> If not, what do you recommend?
> Should I include the tagged version (currently 1.9.2) and add the
> trunk version (subdirectory) of the OpenStreetMap driver?

Stephan,

The OSM driver is only available in the trunk version (definitely not in the
1.9.X branch which is in maintenance mode only), the future 1.10 to be
released (hopefully in the following weeks).

Copying the OSM directory from trunk into 1.9 will work. It won't compile
since there are a few services in port/ that have been added in trunk and are
needed by the OSM driver.

So if you are interested in the OSM driver, I suggest that you just check out
and compile the trunk and use it. It passes currently the autotest regresssion
suite on both Linux and Windows, so I consider it stable enough for wide
testing. And we definitely need beta testers for the release anyway !

Best regards,

Even