I'm working with some files in Maryland State Plane (US foot), and autoIdentifyEPSG is failing. I tracked it down to what I suspect is the problem -

my files and spatialreference.org show the standard parallels as 38.3 and 39.45, with a latitude of origin at 37.66666666 the pcs.csv file shows values of 38.18 and 39.27, with a latitude of origin at 37.4 (I don't actually know how to match the csv columns to the parameters, but these are the closest matching values).

Why does the pcs.csv differ from spatialreference.org, and what is the appropriate strategy for fixing this?

Thanks

(and apologies for a cross-posting to stackexchange, which I posted before I realized the difference between the two sources)

David