Hi List,

I am using GDALAutoCreateWarpedVRT() to warp datasets which then get
transformed to bitmaps.   When warping images sometimes they get rotated
leaving black around the edges of the resulting image (especially when warping
to another UTM zone).  How can I produce images without the black edges?  As
far as I can tell, GDAL won't probuce bitmaps with alpha layering.  I have read
about GDAL's noData masks but am having trouble figuring out how to produce
them.  They would work well because I don't need opacity I just want to mask
out the black edges when I display the bitmaps.

Thanks,
Jeremy