On 2016-05-03 3:11 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
Le mardi 03 mai 2016 19:57:45, Jeff McKenna a écrit :
I'm also very ok with changing the default to set
H5_BUILT_AS_DYNAMIC_LIB only - I'll just edit the makefile before
building.  Not an issue for me.

I'm not keen to modify things without a clear understanding of what is
required in which context.

Well if I go back and build the dynamic HDf5 lib, and then set H5_BUILT_AS_DYNAMIC_LIB, then of course my resulting gdal.dll is smaller in size, which I could live with. So making this the default setting 'going forward' in GDAL makes sense.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/