Hi,

There are loads of questions in the stack.exchange site where users have
problems with performance when they do something with reading and writing very
large image files. Big files have obviously become much more common now due to
clouds. Users try to solve the problem by increasing GDAL_CACHEMAX and using
multithreading etc. but they use the default GeoTIFF settings and keep on
writing huge striped TIFFs. I wonder if we should make tiling the default also
for the GTiff driver like it is in the COG driver.

-Jukka Rahkonen-