On Sat, 10 Feb 2024, Even Rouault via gdal-dev wrote:

To test your own development, you may have a more pleasant experience by directly running just the tests for your driver with something like "pytest autotest/ogr/ogr_miramon.py"  (be careful on Windows, the content of $build_dir/autotest is copied from $source_dir/autotest each time "cmake" is run, so if you edit your test .py file directly in the build directory, be super careful of not accidentally losing your work, and make sure to copy its content to the source directory first. That's admittedly an annoying point of the current test setup on Windows, compared to Unix where we use symbolic links)

Actually Dan figured out it was possible to run directly the tests against your test file from the source directory, and not the one that is copied. Cf https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/9224

So you can actually do from the build directory:

pytest -c autotest/pytest.ini ../autotest/ogr/ogr_gpx.py

Recent tarball releases have cmake/template/pytest.ini.in
but how do I genenerate autotest/pytest.ini ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                   and...@aitchison.me.uk