On 2/19/10, Jon Senior <j...@restlesslemon.co.uk> wrote:
> I shall do exactly that. I wasn't sure what the protocol here was. As
>  for what it provides, it's full tag parsing, meaning that you get all
>  your functions listed in the left hand pane as per C / Java / etc.

Nice. Thanks for bringing up the patch.

I have couple more issues with the current support for R in Geany.
It's mostly minor, but it affects readability of the code. The syntax
highlighting fails in some cases:
- for the line below, "sum" and "length" are both functions but will
be highlighted with different colours
> sum(mtcars$cyl); length(mtcars$cyl)

- a function similar to the one below will have "trim" and "qt"
highlighted differently.
> trim.qt <- function(x) sum(x)
> trim.qt(mtcars$cyl)

- so will an object, say,
> get.smth <- iris

- objects don't seem recognised at all.

Are these failures of the current parser implementation, or is this
something that one should expect? Thanks
Liviu