On 11-10-03 09:20 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
Le 03/10/2011 17:35, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 17:28:14 +0200
Colomban Wendling<lists....@herbesfolles.org>  wrote:

@all:  We will switch to Git, and we need to choose basically between
GitHub and Gitorious.
I'd vote for trying GitHub, just because it has one thing I quite
liked and that Gitorious don't seem to have: comments on a particular
commit's line.  I did use it a few times with Matthew, and I felt it
quite convenient to comment details [1]
Apart that I don't mind, both have the necessary stuff, and Gitorious
is more "free as in freedom".

I'm not very emotional here. Gitorious really looks a bit more free
whereas at Github I always have the feeling they want to sell me
something (ok... somehow the services needs to be paid). On the other
hand the featureset around an project looks a bit better at github in
my feeling. So. I don't care much and I do have an account on both :)

I basically feel exactly the same ^^
And the only feature GitHub has that I may find missing on Gitosis is
the line-comments.  Others like tracker, pastes, etc. don't seem to be
particularly useful for us.

At least for right now they might not be useful, thought there's other things that are (webhooks, graphs, etc).

So maybe we should go Gitorious to feel good, and do all review using
git-format-patched emails or something :)

Nooooooooo! :)

Cheers,
Matthew Brush