On 11-10-18 04:16 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
Hey,

What about updating our Scintilla copy?  There is at least 2 fixes that
would be particularly interesting to have:

* C++ lexer fixed a bug with raw strings being recognised too easily.
Bug #3388122. [1], [2]
* On recent GTK+ 2.x versions when using Cairo, bug fixed where wrong
colours were drawn. [3]

Plus GTK+ 3 support :)

So, have you anything against an update to Scintilla 2.29?

My only concern is the effects of switching to only supporting Cairo for the drawing backend. Will this leave any users unable to run Geany?

Otherwise, I say we roll the dice and see what the new set of bugs ends up being :)

Cheers,
Matthew Brush