29.10.2011 09:41, Matthew Brush пишет:
Hi all,

Is anybody opposed to removing the "geany" and "Geany" prefix from the plugins in Geany-Plugins. I mean at least for the directory name in the source tree, README/Site, and PLUGIN_SET_INFO() name?

It's always bothered me when I go into *Geany's* plugin manager and see plugin names like "GeanyFooBar". Obviously the plugin is for Geany and the "Geany" prefix makes the plugin not ordered correctly. Same goes for the SVN/Git repository source tree directory names.

For example:

Geany-Zencoding plugin could be "Zencoding" under the directory in the repo called "zencoding".

This is like many plugins already, for example:

addons, codenav, debugger, devhelp, gproject (sorta :), pretty-printer, shiftcolumn, spellcheck, tableconvert, treebrowser, updatechecker, webhelper, and xmlsnippets.

IMO these would be reasonable renames for the others:

Old Name Plugin Info Name Directory
======== ================ =========
GeanyDoc Documentation?[1] doc or geanydoc
GeanyExtrasel Extra Selections extrasel
Geanygdb GNU Debugger[2] gdb
GeanyGenDoc Documentation Generator gendoc
GeanyInsertNum Insert Numbers[3] insertnum
GeanyLatex LaTeX (Addons) latex
GeanyLipsum Lorem Ipsum Generator lipsum
GeanyLua Lua Plugins lua
GeanyMacro Macro Recorder macro
GeanyNumberedBookmarks Numbered Bookmarks numberedbookmarks
GeanyPg Privacy Guard pg or gpg
GeanyPrj Project Manager?[4] prj or project
GeanySendMail Send Mail sendmail
GeanyVC Version Control vc or vcs
--[coming soon]---------------------------------------------------
GeanyMultiTerm Multi-Tabbed Terminal multiterm
GeanyPy Python Plugins python
GeanyZencoding Zen Coding zencoding
[1] Could we merge Devhelp and GeanyDoc?
[2] Could we replace in favour of Debugger?
[3] Should this go in Addons?
[4] Could we merge GProject and GeanyPrj or are totally different?

+1
was thinking of it when translating plugin names )
as to gproject and geanyprj they differs in that gproject utilizes geany built-in project support while geanyprj uses it's own, so they are unlikely to be merged.

Regards,
Alexander