On 01/09/2012 03:02 AM, Lex Trotman wrote:
[...]
There's probably other ones too. But anyway I thought I'd ask about it since
it'd be useful for working in Glade to have "first class widgets" to add
from the catalog and would make Geany's code a little more clean and modular
(if not bigger/slightly slower).

Bigger slower is bad, more maintainable is good, but do we have enough
widget wranglers (ie people who know enough about widgets and the
boilerplate and semantics of them?

I guess so, at least in the sense that we already have a handful of existing widgets, we just can't use them in Glade currently, so we leave blank spots in Glade and hard-code packing and configuring them in whatever file they're used from (toolbar.c, prefs.c?).

Cheers,
Matthew Brush