Hi Pradeep, 

Sorry for late response.... 

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:44:04 +0530
Pradeep <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am Pradeep from Chennai, INDIA. I am interested in
> opensource projects (editors especially). I have contributed couple
> of plugins to Mozilla'a skywriter ( a browser based editor). I really
> like to contribute few plugins to GEANY. I was searching for the dev
> env set up for Geany. But couldn't find any doc on the same. Can
> someone give me some pointer to set up my development environment?

Maybe you questions is better severed at at geany-devel
mailinglist. However: There not much a Geany development environment may
you might know from Eclipse etc. 

You can check out the code for github for either Geany itself [1] or
its plugins collection [2] repository and compile Geany as described
inside the documentation. Now you are ready to start you own
development. Inside Geany source code you will find a file called
HACKING, which is giving you some more details e.g. about coding style
or how to debug with gdb. If you want to start a new plugin, you might
like to have a look at short plugin howto at [3]

I'm afraid I don't know what might other questions you have related to
this asI'm doing it for >5 years now and I might lost some
basic, important information which is not necessarily to
everybody ;) So please don't hesitate to ask. 

Cheers, 
Frank 

[1] https://github.com/geany/geany
[2] https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins
[3] http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/howto.html

-- 
http://frank.uvena.de/en/

Attachment: pgpt2K9ulQO7K.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Geany-i18n mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany-i18n

Reply via email to