(in Ed McMahon voice) I did not know that! ;) This gecko does not look normal to me at all. Normal phase is usually a banded version that somewhat resembles the wild leos. I agree the spots are aberrant. Normal phase usually have darker pigment and this guy looks to have a nice high yellow background and the four spots will probably end up lavender, further distinguishing this colorful leo from anything normal phase. I have heard some folks say the tail pattern dictates "a", without the tail being like "a" the gecko cannot be "x."  Personally I don't use the tail pattern to dictate my descriptions.

There will always be folks calling different leopard phases/patterns/colors different things.  I called it a jungle because that is what I thought fit the best from popular "leopard gecko lore" that I know about. This "lore" is indeed a made-up, not always agreed upon, non-scientific thing. The bottom line is that you can call it whatever you want! There are new names for leopards popping up all the time, and I giggle when I hear some of them. I have been known to make some of them up!;) That is cool though, or some folks might say "phat!"

Julie B.

kchan11 wrote:
Aren't Jungles supposed to have the abberant pattern all the way down, going
into their tails as well? this leo has bands on his tail, i would have called
it a Normal, Abberant patterned Leopard.

-Karin

===== Original Message From Stacy Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
With respect Julie...why are you calling it a Jungle?

--Sgt.Gecko

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!