I've never liked the 40 hours myself, I stick to the Heat Source 60s. You can put material between this pack and the gex if the box is full. The heat is steadier and lasts longer than 40s with these.

Julie B.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi--

I do use the white styrofoam beadboard for my premade shipping containers.  Now I know that these other peanuts are made from starch.  Generally, always, I've used the common styrofoam popcorn to cushion the deli cups within the premade box(es).  I will replace the newspaper with styro popcorn to see whether that helps.

I was disappointed with the results of my heat pack test using two 40 hr heat packs right inside the smaller styrofoam box nestled within a much larger styro box with a cardboard box on the exterior.  Like I think I said, the only hole in this system was a 1/4" hole on the top of the smaller styrofoam box.

Elizabeth