Wow, I'm impressed. The speed of this reaction!

thanks Guido, cheers,

Fred.

Fred Spiessens wrote:
I'm building an interface to Gecode from Smalltalk via FlatZinc, using Gecode Version 3.1.0. (on Mac OSX 10.5 Intel) FlatZincGecode::runEngine uses "std::cout" to print statistics information while it uses "out" (the outstream provided as parameter) to print the results.
Is this on purpose or by mistake?

The latter...

The reason I want to no is: I would like to get the the statistics back into the Smalltalk-shared output stream somehow.

Sure, that's how it was meant to be. Thanks for the report! The FlatZinc interpreter will be part of the main Gecode distribution starting with Gecode 3.2.0, and I've just fixed the bug there.

Cheers,
        Guido