> I was wondering who ports gEDA to Ubuntu?

Isn't Ubuntu just a glossy version of Debian?  GEDA has long had
Debian pkg files produced by Hammish, IIRC.  Therefore, the makers of
Ubuntu just needed to include the .pkg files.

> On Ubuntu, gEDA installs with just a few mouse clicks.  One problem,
> though:  some global variables are not initialized by default, so gschem
> wont start after the install.  I haven't tracked that down yet.
>
> Does Fedora Core 5 have an equivalent install system?  If so, will gEDA
> be included in it by default the way it is in Ubuntu?

This depends upon what the folks at RedHat (or their Fedora
coordinators) decide to do.  I suppose that if enough people e-mail
them requesting a package, they'll include it in their distro.
I'd bet they'd really take notice of gEDA if they got an e-mail from
the CTO of a mid-sized high-tech company!  ;-)

Stuart