Hi guys,

The use of a directive sounds interesting, but in the case of
attaching routing parameters to a net, I wonder how it
differs from just attaching an attribute.

IIRC, when doing high-speed stuff using the Viewdraw -> Allegro flow,
I just had to attach routing attributes to the nets in order to set
things like diffpair length tolerances and the like.  For example, I
just double clicked on the relevant net, and added DIFFPAIR=VIN to two
different nets (VIN_P and VIN_N, say) to cause Allegro to know that
they were related to one another.  Then I added a rule like
DIFFPAIRLENGTHTOL=10 to those nets to cause Allegro to make their
lengths match to within 10 mil.

What does a directive do that is different from this?  Is there
something else a directive gives you, like the ability to switch it on
and off from the command line?

Stuart