Hi Dan,
just a quick note, as I have not too much time now.
IIRC, it's not possible with the current code, but it is very easy to
add.
Look at g_register.c: all scheme functions are registered there, with a
pointer to a C function (which takes scheme parameters).
The C function can just call to s_log_message to write to the log
window.

Hope this helps. If not, I can write a more detailed explanation, but
you have to wait...

Regards,

Carlos