Karel Kulhavy wrote:
I wonder what the error is. You might try GNU make for building and see if that does any better. I just added that to the INSTALL notes because I

I already have alias make=gmake

really? The log you sent didn't quite look like GNU make output. Does 'make --version' tell you anything interesting? (like GNU vs not GNU)? Either way, the circular dependency bug has been fixed in cvs.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/links-current$ make --version
GNU Make 3.80
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Does the build process invoke sub-makes (make -C subdir)?  In that case, your alias command would
cause "gmake" to be invoked on the command line, but any sub-makes would not be aliased,
and use the "make" program that is in your path.  Maybe I'm missing something, but this
would explain the discrepancy.

-Jeff