On 3/14/07, Dave McGuire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   This is a very real point, and one that I can speak to from
experience.  A few years ago, I converted a big-ish commercial

A bit of experience on my end when I was working for Hifn -- we were
in need of an extensible configuration file format, and XML was an
option.  However, I ended up implementing a flat, lexer-only solution,
which of course is possible only with reverse polish notation.  So, if
you need a *small*, truely extensible (trivial, even), and easy to
write parser, that doesn't require even more complexities like
bison/yacc (not all platforms have them), then you might want to
consider the RPN option as well.  This is one of the reasons why
Postscript is RPN (Postscript printers, while they often had megabytes
and megabytes of RAM, rarely used a significant fraction of it for
anything except bitmap and font data.  Hence, Postscript was ideal
because it minimized resource consumption).

Just throwing out ideas.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II