On 10/23/07, DJ Delorie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Only if "snap to pin/pad" is selected.  Otherwise just snap to the
> > nearest grid point.
>
> Well, yeah.
>
> > Are you saying "if we're within one grid spacing of one of the defining
> > points for the pin/pad..."?  I'm just trying to be sure I understand how
> the
> > current grid snapping works.
>
> Specifically, the crosshair snaps to a grid point or the pin center,
> whichever is closer to the X cursor.

No,  that was one of the points I was trying to make earlier:

The crosshair snaps to a grid point or pin center whichever is closer, but
it will snap to a
grid point or the nearest "defining endpoint" of a pad.  It will not snap to
a *pad* center.  (I wish it still did :( .)

Joe T

So, on average, you have to be within half a grid unit of the pin