Okay, I've got it up and running.  GNUCAP did not understand help or
tutorial, build was understood.  I've read the documentation on the home
page and I'm asking ... "what do I do?"  Where do I get a kick start?
Stewart Bronson's "Spice How To" seems to suggest "gnetlist Spice
sheet1.sch sheet2.sch etc -o forspice.cct" once I get the format right:
is this what gnucap needs as input?  Stewart gives a few links to spice
programs but gnucap is not mentioned.  Once I get the input and some
stimulus I need to see the output waveforms.  I guess that I need gwave
for that?  Regards Ian.