Not completely satisfied with either my GL branch's translucent
rendering of layers, nor thindraw poly, I decided to make a hybrid..

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/trans_poly.png

The code to do this isn't yet in the GL branch (since it was a hideous
HID abstraction breaking hack at the moment... I wanted it quickly
whilst finishing off a board design).

Performance isn't great (you pay for both rendering the polygons, _and_
their outlines (thin-draw poly is _slower_ than non-thin draw on the GL
branch).

In spite of this though, I found working with this much ore productive,
as it allows me to much easier differentiate between routing resources
(e.g. polygon covered board area) I can plough through.

Somehow thin-draw poly looses context for me, and I find it difficult to
do routing work whilst in that mode.. the hybrid seemed more usable.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,