How about we move this thread back to its original topic of blind and
buried vias, not arguments regarding whether or not PCB is part of gEDA.

I have some questions out of plain curiosity: completely aside from the
question of how they ought to be handled by GNU PCB or any other PCB
design tool, I wonder how these blind/buried vias work at a more basic
level:

1. How are blind/buried vias made physically?  I thought they glued the
   layers together first, then drilled the holes.

2. How are they represented in the Gerber+drill file set that passes
   from the PCB design tool to the fab?

I'm asking out of plain curiosity - I hope that I never have to make a
board with such vias as I've heard that they add a bit of sadomasochistic
flavor to board bringup/debug efforts - but then I guess some boards are
so cramped for space that you can't avoid them...

MS