On Sep 17, 2010, at 9:20 AM, Chris Cole wrote:

> I'm trying to do a very simple power supply simulation with gschem and I'm
> not getting very far.

Well, this is a gnucap question, not a gschem question. But if the tran command
in gnucap is like the SPICE tran command, you're specifying a starting time
step of zero. What you probably want is something like "tran 1m 2" which
simulates two seconds with 1 millisecond resolution.

You might try ngspice instead of gnucap if you're still having trouble. You
need to add the diode model to the netlist itself in SPICE, and the plotting
commands are somewhat different (see
http://newton.ex.ac.uk/teaching/CDHW/Electronics2/userguide/), but with those
changes your circuit simulates just fine:

<<inline: sim.tiff>>

http://www.noqsi.com/
j...@noqsi.com