On Jan 4, 2011, at 5:22 PM, Matthew Wilkins wrote:

> What are typical use cases for having multiple same-named attributes in a
> symbol?

A slotted symbol generally needs multiple slotdef attributes.

A hierarchical symbol will have multiple source attributes if its underlying
schematic has multiple pages.

And nobody knows what other use cases there are, or may be in the future. You
should make as few assumptions about how people will use attributes as
practical.

---

This message contains technical discussion involving difficult issues. No
personal disrespect or malice is intended. If you perceive such, your
perception is simply wrong. I'm a busy person, and in my business "go along to
get along" causes mission failures and sometimes kills people, so I tend to be
a bit blunt.