On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 15:19 -0600, John Doty wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2011, at 3:09 PM, Hamid wrote:
>
> > I had a problem with the PCB manufactures, that they only accpet Protel
> >   PCB format.
> >   But, since I using from gEDA/PCB and don't like to use protel for
> >   creating my PCBs, and since searching the web no result for any
> >   converter beetween this formats, I wrote a python script that convert
> >   from gEDA/PCB file format to Protel Ascii file format. then I able to
> >   convert from Ascii file format to bin format in Protel and send this
> >   file too PCB manufactures!
>
> Why not just use "gnetlist -g protelII"? The "pcb" program is only one of the
> many layout back ends gEDA supports.

He's doing layout with PCB, but for some reason his fab house wants only
Protel files.

IMO, time to get a new fab house - any worth giving the time of day to
can deal with gerber files, although I hear ODB++ is increasingly
popular amongst the "serious" fabs.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,