On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 13:15:35 +0200
Vladimir Nadvornik <nadvor...@suse.cz> wrote:

> Hi,

> Is there any reason to have the following options configurable? IMHO nobody
> wants to diasble them. I would remove them completely.
>
> Refresh on file change

It may be an issue for directories with many (thousands) images, though i think
it should be in some advanced section.

> Preload next image

Low memory is a reason to keep it, though nowadays people working with images
should think about buying more RAM.
It was requested to allow to specify the number of images (or the memory size
allocated for)
to be preloaded.
So it may reappear as "Memory allocated for image preloading" or "Number of
images to preload".
Obviously, if memory is sufficient, i think everybody has it enabled...

> Show dot directory

I vote for dropping it, and never show "." directory.

> Maybe also:
> Faster jpeg thumbnailing
> (the quality impact is not noticeable)

i agree.