Hi,

some thoughts I had recently (don't hit me cause the most are todos. The
application is much more nice than month before. But it was points I
stumbled over. ;-):

- - There seems to be not all user visible texts localized. I will figure
  it out the days.

- - Should we localize the README? It is referenced in Help so for the
  user that might be important.

- - Some workflows has to be defined and crosschecked. (i.e. saving
  metadata with different settings and so) I think there are some traps
  for the user. 'Will check it.

- - What about read only GQView-Metadata? Shouldn't there be a configure
  option?

- - I should check some translations in the finished application. Some are
  a bit ... well, strange. ;-) (Some still not committed.) For some
  words it is difficult to find the correct translation.

- - There should be the possibility to _use_ the checkbox "hidden" in
  Application config. Maybe better saving that state in the geeqie
  configuration. (What do that trigger anyway? It seems to be random for
  me.)

- - There should be a kind of wizzard for new editors.

- - There should be a way to add a new application with just specifying
  the path to a desktop file.

- - The order might be better Name, Hidden, Desktop file, Path

- - It should not be possible to edit or delete a desktop file that is not
  writable.

- - Is it possible to ad a small free space below all keywords if they are
  all viewed?

- - The tabs in the information bar should be resizable as well as the
  complete bar. That might be important at least for Comment, histogram,
  keywords, but also for others (Maybe showing a "..." to indicate that
  the view is to small.) It might be also good to have the size relative
  to the high and make the max size the window (configurable?).

- - Maybe enable to add to open collections in sort manager. That might be
  best to have a extra view maybe.

- - In pan view we could allow to shorten the directory name to the part
  after the current one.

- - It should be possible to change the pan view mode while it reads image
  data.

Ui, it is more as I want to tell. :)

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                            http://www.ethgen.de/
pub  2048R/D1A4EDE5 2000-02-26 Klaus Ethgen <kl...@ethgen.de>
Fingerprint: D7 67 71 C4 99 A6 D4 FE  EA 40 30 57 3C 88 26 2B