On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 20:00:56 -0400, Greg wrote:

> In a directory with ~600 NEFs, deleting an image is taking 20 seconds of
> CPU time.  I am running 1.0alpha3 which is in pkgsrc.  Rather than debug
> this I thought I should get current.
>
> What is the current recommended version for users?  Is it the code at
>
> svn ls https://geeqie.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geeqie/tags/GEEQIE_1_0_BETA2
>
> or the trunk, or something else?  If the current recommended version for
> users (as opposed to developers) isn't a released tarball, what's the
> plan for getting back to normal?

Since Geeqie has not seen a final release yet, I assume that the most
recently released beta2 tarball is what users shall evaluate. It is
important to find as many problems as possible prior to preparing a final
release.

alpha3 contains bugs, some which are fixed by beta2, but beta2 is
not bug-free either. In particular, there's a crash related to
letting Geeqie work in a directory tree that is modified by an
external program (no backtrace yet). When deleting pictures, I've
only noticed that since beta2 Geeqie can run into problems while
syncing the directory contents for the folder view.