Michael a écrit :
> Hello, and congrats you picked up gqview ! That was long due, and worth an
> effort !
>
> I used gqview for many years now, and configured lots of 'editors' linked to
> custom script tools.
> They were basically dealing with collecting file pathes in a file where i
> then would do bulk operations (like bulk pattern renaming, rescaling,
> sharpening, watermarking etc, of course also rotating with wiping out EXIF
> rotation), some also creating archives and such things.
>
> I just shifted all operations from my file manager scripts to gqview, since
> file managers can not show images equally comfortable (mostly, zooming and
> EXIF view). I'm a photographer so i look through dozens, even hundred of
> fotos every day, often need to look up tiny image details and sometimes
> compare EXIF data,  and i need to spare every second in workflow i can.
>
> So i hacked scripts. When modifying image data they are calling imagemagick
> backends.
>
> Sometimes the gqview editor commands consisted of several invocations, in
> order -- gqview allowed for a rudimentary commandline providing multiple
> commands and conditions and such.
>
> Actually this was the whole point why i used gqview at all as my standard
> viewer. Besides the easy layout (i need folder tree, huge thumbnails and
> image window, and the new EXIF window now also is a good thing)
>
> How can i do this with geeqie ? Do you plan to re-implement custom editing
> commands ?
>

> greets, mi

User-defined commands are still available in geeqie, but the way to
define them was changed.
Basically those commands are now called through .desktop files which can
be created using
Edit > Preferences > Configure Editors then New button.

In current trunk, a directory called plugins contains .desktop files and
associated scripts.
For example, rotate.desktop calls a script named geeqie-rotate, and the
command can
be launched using Edit/Orientation menu.
Note that Geeqie is using system-wide .desktop files too.

Regards,

--
Zas