vinit> The current version of geeqie1.1 that vladimir has putted, is
vinit> not been able to recognize the image files if the file names of
vinit> these file do not end with one of the standard image file
vinit> extension. I think the application should look into the
vinit> directory for all the image files based on their format rather
vinit> than their file extension. like how the nautilus, the default
vinit> file browser for gnome does. it does it for all media files. i
vinit> think geeqie should have this feature.

It's a good idea, but maybe have it as an option instead?  If the
option is on (default off), geeqie does the equivilent of a 'file'
command on each file to see if it can determine the image type.

And if you want to whip up a patch, even just an example one, I'm sure
that would be an incentive to get it into the app.

John