On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 06:34:54 +0200, Niko Sauer wrote:

> >> It is line 296 which reads as follows:
> >>
> >> 296        AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LCMS, 1, [define to enable use of color profiles
> >> with lcms])
> >
> > Yes, that line must be present, or else Geeqie does not compile. Why?
> > See e.g. beginning of src/exif_common.c, where both HAVE_LCMS and HAVE_LCMS2
> > must be defined for LCMS2 headers to be included.
> >
> >    #ifdef HAVE_LCMS
> >    /*** color support enabled ***/
> >
> >    #ifdef HAVE_LCMS2
> >    #include <lcms2.h>
> >    #else
> >    #include <lcms.h>
> >    #endif
> >    #endif
> >
> >    […]
> >
> I'm not sure that I understand your comment.

Let me try to explain. In the code snippet above, the two conditionals
build a logical AND, so that in order to build with LCMS2, both
HAVE_LCMS and HAVE_LCMS2 must be defined. If HAVE_LCMS were undefined,
the HAVE_LCMS2 condition would not be reached. Then lcms2.h could
not be included, and the source code would not compile.

exif-common.c: In function ‘exif_build_formatted_ColorProfile’:
exif-common.c:417:2: error: unknown type name ‘cmsUInt8Number’
  cmsUInt8Number profileID[17];
  ^
exif-common.c:417:17: warning: unused variable ‘profileID’ [-Wunused-variable]
  cmsUInt8Number profileID[17];
                 ^
make[1]: *** [exif-common.o] Error 1