https://github.com/BestImageViewer/geeqie/issues/329

I also find that when copying/moving, the current working directory is a better place to start from than either the last destination or Home.

The latest commit in the repository helps with this.

A bookmark with the name "." is treated as a special case. Each time it is displayed, it is loaded with the path of Geeqie's current working folder.

One can delete or recreate this bookmark at any time.

First-time users of Geeqie will see this bookmark, because it is now in the list of defaults.

Existing users who want this functionality will have to create a new bookmark and rename it to ".".

---------

I am not sure how to communicate information such as this to existing Geeqie users. I doubt that many are readers of this mailing list, and I doubt that anyone reads the ChangeLog or NEWS files.

Maybe a pop-up window that is triggered on the first-time run after a version number change, and change the minor or micro version number whenever a material commit is made...

Colin Clark