On Dec 6, 2009, at 4:51 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

I just noticed while looking into the -fno-common thing that Gem is
compiling on Mac OS X using -mmacosx-version-min=10.3 AFAIK, Gem hasn't built on 10.3 in years. From my experience, there are less deployment

do you mean "hasn't built" or "hasn't been built"?
if the former, are the problems fixable.
if the latter, it doesn't matter.

Well, I think the former is the problem, and if you can't built it on 10.3, then you won't be using 10.3 builds.

issues if things are built for the most recent supported version (i.e.
10.4).

which "issues"?

Like newer OSes included freetype, which Gem will link against unless forced not to.

.hc