Le 06/12/11 17:23, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
On Dec 6, 2011, at 9:54 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

yes, i think this is the best way to contribute to Gem. i incorporated your fixes and pushed to sourceforge. i'm not yet sure whether it is best to _merge_ your branch into master or to _rebase_ it onto master. for know i prefer a rebase (if possible), but if that makes problems for somebody i could do merges as well.
ok, is there any way of making a pull request? Or must we send a mail to this list when something is ready?
The Linux-style flow here is that the git forks should rebase to be on the HEAD
of the main git before submitting the changes.

I am not sure to understand.
For example if i am in my local repo in my forked branch i want to submit (gem sourceforge is called origin here), i must do
git pull --rebase origin
just before to push to my public repo, and then send a mail?

thanks
http://nim.on.free.fr