Let's drop the dynamic allocation of queues for the time being.

Assume that we have N event queues, N threads. Here N is known statically.
Each thread will operate on one event queue. The curTick() function when
called, will return the tick value of the event queue associated with the
thread calling the function. For this, we modify the curTick() function to
query a thread local event queue variable. The question is how soon and
where should we set the thread local variable for the main thread. We
would set the thread local variable for others when the threads themselves
are created.

--
Nilay