I complained about those names a long time ago, and I still think they
aren't very good. "quick" and "long" aren't really on the same scale, to
start with. Something can be quick (a rate) and still take a long time.
Medium is very generic and so isn't on a different axis, but since the
others aren't lined up it's not as clear as it could be. I would suggest
either:

short, medium, long

or

quick, medium, fast

Preferably the first. We have another collection of options the second
would collide with, namely fast, opt, debug, etc.

If somebody new came along and saw there were fast/quick and opt/long
regressions, it wouldn't be obvious what that meant. I also think it's not
easy to compose one of those regression paths since I can never remember
what all the parts are or what order they go in and it's not documented
anywhere obvious. That's a separate problem though.

Gabe