Hi Mike,

That sounds great.  The real expert on the x86 boot sequence is Gabe Black;
he still responds occasionally on the list, but he's at Google now and
isn't as involved with gem5 as he used to be.

I did the cygwin port long long ago, and abandoned it nearly as long ago;
it never really worked that well, and I find it easier just to use Linux in
a VM if I really want to run gem5 on a Windows machine.  I'd hope that
getting to run gem5 on Windows would be orthogonal to getting Windows to
run on gem5 :).

Steve

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:05 PM, mike upton via gem5-dev <gem5-dev@gem5.org