Cagdas,

I just tried to run the quick x86 regressions using a gem5 compiled with
clang 3.5 on Linux and ran into a similar problem. In my case, the tests
segfault, but all the other symptoms seem identical. An interesting
observation is that /all/ the other backends run their quick regressions
just fine, so I'm inclined to say that this is an x86-specific issue
that is triggered by clang (I'm assuming you're using clang since you're
on MacOS).

//Andreas