Hello all,

I'd like to know if the gem5 community would like to have a TAGE branch
prediction in gem5.
In my branch it seems to be working, so if you give me a positive feedback
I may spend some spare time to rebase and test the patch over mainstream.

More specifically, I took the CBP2016 winner and removed local prediction
tables. This specific version is called TAGE-GSC (Global Statistical
Corrector) and should go to src/cpu/pred/tage-gsc.hh. This file is
functionally equivalent to the original CBP2016 winner and can be compared
against it without modification. Then, a glue code was implemented in
src/cpu/pred/TAGE.hh and src/cpu/pred/TAGE.cc, making tage-gsc.hh to work
in gem5.

I validated the gem5 implementation by comparing the predictor at fetch
with a validator at commit. The prediction tables must be the same.

Regards,

--
Fernando A. Endo, Post-doc

INRIA Rennes-Bretagne Atlantique