I had a quick look at the MediaWiki config and it seems like there is
something really weird going on with the server. I have no idea how this
is supposed to be setup, but it seems like there are two directories for
images. Files that can be accessed through the wiki seem to live in
${HTDOCS}/wiki/images, while the broken ones live in
${HTDOCS}/wiki/images/images.

Ali, could you have a look? IIRC, you used to handle these sort of
things in the past.

//Andreas