Hi Gabe,

Reorganizing the SCons files would undoubtedly improve the build system.
Before you get started down this road, I thought you'd might like to know
some of the discussions we've been having about the gem5 build system.

We've been musing a move away from SCons. I think Andreas has done some
initial work in getting cmake support, and we've been talking to some
Google people about the pros/cons of moving to Bazel. We don't have any
short-term plans, and I haven't done anything more than look at it and
become overwhelmed. So take this information however you like :).

Cheers,
Jason