Hi all,

Sean posted a series of patches on Gerrit before the weekend that removed
most of the subclasses of Event and replaced them with
EventFunctionWrapper. These patches removed a significant amount of
boilerplate code! Most of the Event subclasses only subclassed event so
they could capture *this*. Overall, these patches shouldn't have any
functional changes. However, the current regression tests don't necessarily
exercise all of the changes. We'd appreciate it if others would quickly
look over the patches in code they're knowledgeable on to make sure we
didn't make any silly mistakes.

The patches are currently broken up into separate commits for
(semi-)related modules. However, if people prefer, we can squash all of
this into a single commit after review.

Thanks!
Jason & Sean

https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/q/topic:%22event-refactor%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)

<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3930/1>
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3930/1>
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3930/1>
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3930/1>
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3930/1>
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3930/1>
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3930/1>
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3930/1>ruby: Refactor some Event
subclasses to lambdas <https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3930/1>
arm: Refactor some Event subclasses to lambdas
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3929/1>
dev: Refactor some Event subclasses to lambdas
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3928/1>
net: Refactor some Event subclasses to lambdas
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3927/1>
testers: Refactor some Event subclasses to lambdas
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3926/1>
cpu/minor: Remove extraneous access specifiers
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3925/1>
kvm, mem: Refactor some Event subclasses into lambdas
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3924/1>
cpu: Refactor some Event subclasses to lambdas
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3923/1>
gpu-compute: Refactor some Event subclasses to lambdas
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3922/1>
sim, gdb: Refactor some Event subclasses into lambdas
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3921/1>
mips, x86: Refactor some Event subclasses into lambdas
<https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/3920/1>