Hi Alec,

First, I'm not sure if collaborating on a single changeset is a common use
case for code review platforms. Though, I have run into a number of times
where it would have been useful.

Am I understanding your suggestion correctly? What you're envisioning is
there would be a feature branch (say, riscv-fs) and many people could push
changesets onto that branch. Then, when the feature is working you would
merge into master? Or, squash and go through code review? I'm not sure how
the final part would work.

I'm open to this kind of workflow. We can create branches on gerrit.
Another option is what ARM and AMD are doing which is having their own repo
hosted on gem5.googlesource.com.

What does the Linux kernel do in this case, I wonder. They have done a good
job working out procedures for massive open source development. They are
usually a good inspiration.

Second, as a maintainer, I believe you have enough access to just overwrite
someone else's commit. For instance, if you download a changeset, then
rebase, then push to refs/for/master it will update the review request. So,
as a maintainer, you can make a small change instead of asking the original
author. (I think this is right... I know *I* can modify patches and I think
it's the maintainer flag, not admin. If I'm wrong we can talk about
changing this permission.)

Cheers,
Jason