Hi Everyone,

I managed to find some time to do some gem5 hacking recently and decided
it would be interesting to see what it would take to get gem5 to work
with Python 3. It turns out it doesn't take that much work to get most
things to work. I got to a point where thins seem to work, at least the
quick regressions.

The tip of the WIP patch set is change 16004 [1]. After applying the
whole patch set, gem5 works with Python 3.5, but no longer with Python
2.7 due to issues with the example configurations (this change has been
marked as WIP). There are some known issues outlined in the RFC/WIP
changes, but the other changes work with both Python 2 and 3.

Cheers,
Andreas

[1] https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/16004

medium. Thank you.